WHAT IS THE DARK EYE AND WHAT IS TDE IN FOUNDRY VIRTUAL TABLETOP?
The Dark Eye is an RPG that has been set in the world of Aventuria for almost 40 years. The 5th edition was published by Ulisses Spiele and offers a world of unique depth and richness, unlike any other fantasy role-playing game. The Dark Eye for Foundry VTT is an implementation of the role-playing game in the virtual tabletop system from Foundry VTT , which was developed together with Ulisses Spiele.
WHAT DO WE NEED IF WE WANT TO PLAY THE DARK EYE IN FOUNDRY VTT?
To play with your friends, you need your own characters, some opponents (NPC) and a story.
To find out more about how to start a game, take a look at our Quick Start section.
In order to really enjoy all the functions of the game, you should have the following elements for your character:
– special skills
– spells, cantrips and rituals
– liturgies, ceremonies and blessings
– hostile creatures, natural weapons and properties
For a complete gaming experience with maximum convenience functionality and all of the content of the basic game, the “Basic rules” module is available in English or German.
HOW DO I CREATE A CHARACTER WITH TDE5 FOUNDRY VTT?
HOW DOES COMBAT WORK AND ARE ALL TDE5 RULES STORED?
Most combat rules are automated and calculated – but such a comprehensive rule system as The Dark Eye 5 cannot be fully implemented. For this we have created the ability to modify rolls manually. You can find out more on the Combat wiki.
HOW DO I USE FOUNDRY VTT TO ROLL THE DICE?
Automated menus are available for this, or you can enter a specific roll directly in the chat channel. If you want to know how, just have a look on the Game Mechanics wiki
CAN I CREATE SKILLS, MONSTERS OR OTHER ELEMENTS MYSELF?
Of course you have the possibility to create your own elements in The Dark Eye 5 Foundry VTT. For this you need a little more knowledge of the rules of The Dark Eye and some practice in dealing with Foundry VTT. You can find more details in these instructions.
MY MODULE DOESN'T WORK LIKE OTHER USERS DO. WHAT'S GOING ON THERE?
Foundry VTT does not update itself or your modules automatically. Please make sure that you have updated all modules and the system to the latest version. This will help in most cases.
HOW DO I UNLOCK THE PREMIUM CONTENT THAT I BOUGHT FROM ULISSES SPIELE?
Go to the Foundry Virtual Table Top website. Sign in to your account. Open your account profile (click your name in the top right corner). Select “Premium Content” and enter the key provided by Ulisses. You can then install the module in your Foundry VTT installation using the module browser.
MY WEAPONS ARE NOT VISIBLE ON THE CHARACTER SHEET.
Make sure you are looking at the Gear tab and not the Combat tab. Weapons are only shown on the Combat tab if you actually equip them (e.g. pick them up).
WHY DOES THE ATTRIBUTE CHANGE OF SPECIES NOT ADD ATTRIBUTE LEVELS TO THE CHARACTER SHEET?
The modification in the attribute of the species only affects the maximum during creation, not the actual value itself. So you can increase a property to 16 instead of 14 during character generation with +2 , but you still have to spend the adventure points pay.
HOW DO I INSTALL THE RULE SYSTEM AND QUICKSTART?
To Install the free game system:
1. Once you have Foundry installed click “Game Systems” on the main screen.
2. Click the “Install System” button on the bottom left of the window.
3. In the text box “Package Name” enter “The Dark Eye”
4. Click the “Install” button
To Install the free Quickstart adventure:
1. Click “Add-on Modules” on the main screen.
2. Click the “Install Modules” button on the bottom left of the window.
3 In the text box “Package Name” enter “The Dark Eye”
4. Click the “Install” button
HOW DO I CREATE A CAMPAIGN?
Once the rules and modules and loaded you can create a game:
- On the main page click “Game Worlds
- Click “Create World”
- Fill out the form
- World Title: Whatever name you want
- Data path: same as your world title, with “-” instead of spaces, nos special characters.
- Game System: select Das Schwarze Auge/The Dark Eye (5th edition)
- Skip Background Image and Next Session for now
- World Description: Add text for players to read as an intro to the world.
- Click Create World
- You should now see the World. Click Launch World.
- Click Select Player under Join Game Session
- Select Gamemaster
- Click the “Join Game Session” button
- To load the Quickstart or other purchased Modules. Once in the game click the Gears on the top right.
- Click the red “Manage Modules” button on the right side.
- Select the “The Dark Eye – Introduction Adventure” and any other modules you have for the game.
- Click “Save Module Settings”
- Click “installation” button for each installed module
WIKI AND ADDITIONAL MODULE HELP
TDE on Foundry Wiki: https://github.com/Plushtoast/dsa5-foundryVTT/wiki
Quickstart and How to start a Session: https://github.com/Plushtoast/dsa5-foundryVTT/wiki/Quick-Start
Recommended Modules – Audio and FX (scroll to bottom of page) https://github.com/Plushtoast/dsa5_introduction